Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What are you doing in May? I'm going to another BSides!

     BSides is one of the greatest ideas I have seen in a while. Its stated goal is to be a "community-driven framework for building events for and by information security community members." That leads me to the next BSides I will be attending. On May 17, 2014, the Ezell Center at Lipscomb University will play host to BSides Nashville.
     Looking at the list of organizers/volunteers, I can tell you this should be a quality event. This coupled with the location and the keynote speaker already slated to present is money baby!
     I had the opportunity to hear Brett Wahlin, the CISO of HP, speak (you still haven't accepted my invite on LinkedIn by the way). He came to the University of Kentucky HealthCare and helped to educate our IT staff on the importance of protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our strategic asset, data, without resorting to FUD. This is something very few people can accomplish. FUD usually creeps into the conversation in some way.
     Looks like I will need to start a new research project so I can have something new for the CFP (happening now by the way). See you there!

Make sure you check out the websites and follow them on Twitter for updates.
BSides Nashville website: http://www.bsidesnash.org
Security BSides website: http://www.securitybsides.com/w/page/67993467/BSidesNash2014

Twitter handle: @bsidesnash
Twitter tag: #BsidesNash

As always, feel free to comment.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment