Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Stop Watching Us Rally" - How I wish I could be there!

     I recently gave a presentation entitled "NSA Wiretaps are Legal and other Annoying Facts." I am not a lawyer and maybe I got some things wrong. I am ok with this since my point was to get the community talking. The basis of my talk was that the NSA is performing many surveillance actions at the direction of the President, under the guise of crappy law written by incompetent lawmakers in Congress, and with the aid of a Supreme Court and a legal framework that couldn't care less about the Constitution. I made mention of the rally put on by Stop Watching Us. My only regret is that I cannot be there in person. That is why I am writing this. I want to get the word out!
     Please use the link to check out Stop Watching Us and sign their petition (571,000 have signed so far). Also, sign up for their rally. If you cannot go to DC on such short notice, fine, you can attend online. After you do this, please use these 2 links to find you Representative and Senator. When you find them, send them an email AND fax. Then call them! This has to STOP!
     Don't stop there. Think long and hard about supporting the EFF and their Constitutional campaign.

I will leave you with a quote from one of our founding fathers. Keep in mind that these guys were in the midst of throwing off the yoke of tyranny and the blood was still in their mouths from the fight.


"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin FranklinHistorical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer (1706 - 1790)

No comments:

Post a Comment