Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hackers, Babies and Street Kids

Today was another wonderful day. The family went to Amani Baby Cottage while I spent the whole day at the hackerspace with Johnny, Mark, and Henry. I got to talk to Henry in detail about his iPhone app. It is ready for release but they still need to raise the $99 to register for an Apple id.

I worked with Johnny a little on a new educational build and Chromebook for Kenya. The build was put together by Kenyans for Kenyans. How cool. I also played with the LittleBits learning system. This is what we used tonight to teach the kids about circuit theory. Just like yesterday, they loved the education. I think Johnny will have a few good trainees that can benefit from this and can reach great heights.

The other thing I had fun with was assisting Mark with the 3D printer. I learned a lot from him.

P.s. I hope you enjoy the picture of the random Hello Kitty crane game. Gotta love Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment